Sunday, April 13, 2008

I sent out all of the passport/visa, aspiration statement/resume fabulousness last week which is good! I also have a complete mental list of everything I will be packing so I'm feeling good in that department too.

It's somewhat stressful though: I'm very excited, but very terrified. I know what to expect being that this is extended trip #3 to Africa, but I still have some days where I'm so intimidated by the idea of 2 years that all of the exciting parts are overshadowed. I have to work hard to bring myself back to the state of mind that understands that this is what I want to be doing, that 2 years isn't that long when you really think about, that the people I love and care about that are there to support me and will always be there, and that this decision feels right.

I've been spending as much time as possible with friends as I can. Graduation and all awesome senior events have started...for now I'm just trying to soak up as much of my friends, family, and nyc as possible. I will miss them.

No comments: