Monday, April 28, 2008

time is flying!

gah! university graduation is 3 weeks from Wednesday and PC staging is 9 weeks from tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the NYC Peace Corps send off ceremony down at NYU on Saturday. I met 5 RPCVs from Benin, 3 of whom were TEFL volunteers. It was great to talk to them and ask specific questions about clothes, climate, living conditions, etc. They definitely put my mind at easy and told me how the TEFL program is the most established PC program in Benin and that it is very well run. They also told me that there are minimum housing standards and that odds are my house will have a cement floor and walls with a tin roof. Electricity and water supply varies by site but apparently volunteers can voice any specific preferences during training and the staff will try to place people where they will be happiest.

I hope that staging information comes soon. I've heard that it will probably be in Philly, however, I'm kind of hoping it'll be in D.C. so that I can say a last good buy to my sister and a few friends that will be there. We shall see...

No comments: